HoHA offers allied and complementary health services to the sick, unemployed, disabled, aged and disadvantaged. Our volunteer practitioners offer Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Massage, Myotherapy, Naturopathy, Herbal medicine, Nutrition, Counselling and Acupuncture. Some clinics also offer optometry, legal advice, hairdressing and beauty.
We also have 12 volunteer community clinics in Australia and 4 international treatment and training programs. Around 30,000 people are reached per year, delivering around 10,000 treatments through the collective efforts of up to 500 HoHA volunteers.
HoHA is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the community.
Enabling volunteers to create a caring community through sharing, healing, and transforming lives.
Promoting health and wellbeing through a spirit of welcome and mutual respect by:
– Providing inter-disciplinary and inclusive health care
– Enabling volunteers to create a caring community
– Enabling our organisations to embrace all people
– To enable volunteers to provide health care and other services to communities, societies and people who are marginalised
– Respecting the dignity of all people
– Welcoming all people in a spirit of unconditional care,
– Compassion and inclusion.
– Seeking to walk with people as partners in their self-determined journey of healing and transformation.
– Recognising each person’s innate gifts and potential.
– Healthcare is a basic right of life for all people.
– Building relationships of trust, nurturing a sense of community and responding to individual needs, with the highest standards of care.
– Bridging gaps in healthcare and collaboratively responding to the needs identified by local communities.
– Holistic health practices working together with existing healthcare services and organisations that share a similar vision, values and principles.
– Improved health outcomes depend on accessible, affordable and culturally sensitive education at the individual, health-worker and community level.